Friday, August 24, 2012

Hi there,

This summer has been an artistic exploration for me.  I have studied so many things with the help of the blogging, Youtube and Ustream communities.  I wish there were words to say the Thank You that I feel in my heart.  So to continue the art saga stage I have started an Art Journal of Mixed Media.  Just getting through the first page has taught me so much, like .....

1. Do Not stare at that white piece of paper very long, it will pull you in and then you are trapped.  Do anything to put some color or texture on there and let yourself go.

2.  Use your product, there is more where that came from.  I was a little light on product for my title page but I'm learning right?

3.  Just go with the flow.  I started this page with something in mind and that is not what I ended up with.  Matter of fact, it is totally different. I mean not even close LOL.

4.  I'm also going to have to learn when to stop adding, this is addictive you know...

Am I satisfied with my Title Page, no ...  Could I have done better, probably ...  Is this me, of course it is I created it ...  So what am I going to do next?   Turn the page and add something quick ........

Here is a couple of photos of the page:



Thanks for visiting with me today.  Everyone have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Brenda! I so loved your blog post today! Wow! You hit it all right on the nail head. My favorite....

    1. Do Not stare at that white piece of paper very long, it will pull you in and then you are trapped. Do anything to put some color or texture on there and let yourself go.

    This is so true right! Lovely Lovely first page! I love the use of the blue on it! I know it may sound weird, but it reminds me of a map. A map to the soul, where a new beginning starts and is about to explode. Good on you Brenda!

    Once again awesome stuff!

    Hugs,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, thanks so much for your comment. Now that I look at it with your eyes I do see the map. I start the next page tonight .....

      Delete
  2. Great journal! Hope you enjoy your adventure!

    ReplyDelete